Professional Management Program
Accenting professional public safety management through training and education.
The Professional Management Program in association with Columbus State University provides a program of study that goes beyond what is currently available in law enforcement supervision and management development courses, serving as an “advanced school” for public safety personnel, the Law Enforcement Professional Management Program offers a study that is distinctive, flexible, and comprehensive.
The Professional Management Program brings together the leading thinkers in corporate and public management to provide public safety officers with intense training in the best available management theory and practice to render innovative solutions to organizational problems and to address important issues in managing public service organizations effectively.
The curriculum does not duplicate existing courses. It offers courses which explore issues with unparalleled detail, such as leadership development and managing change.
The Professional Management Program is versatile so that comtemporary and emerging issues are addressed. With evolving demographic factors, ever-changing law enforcement technique and new developments in technology, new challenges for the present and the future will be studied.
A broad course of study is offered. It not only includes a variety of topics, it also provides an opportunity to work as team members.
A 400 hour program divided into ten 40-Hour cohort modules, meeting five times a year. Three (3) semester hours of university academic credit and 40 hours of POST training are awarded for each module. The completion of the ten PMP modules provides POST training for the Supervision and Management certifications.
- Athens-Clarke County Police Department
3700 Atlanta Hwy.
Athens, GA 30605
- Augusta University
Georgia Cyber Center/ Hull McKnight Building
100 Grace Hopper Lane
Augusta, GA 30901
- Chatham County Sheriff's Office
1050 Carl Griffin Drive
Savannah, GA 31405
- Cherokee County Marshal’s Office
959 Marietta Highway
Canton, GA, 30114
- Cobb County Public Safety Police Academy
2435 East-West Connector
Austell, GA. 30106
- Columbus State University Command College
3902 University Avenue
Columbus, GA 31907
- Fort Valley State University/Warner Robins Campus
151 Osigian Blvd.
Warner Robins, GA. 31088
- Georgia Tech Police Department
879 Hemphill Ave. NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
- Gwinnett Police Department
770 Hi Hope Road
Lawrenceville, GA 30044
- Rockdale Sheriff's
911 Chambers Drive NW
Conyers, GA 30012
- Spalding County Sheriff's Office
401 Justice Blvd.
Griffin, GA 30224
- Tifton Police Department
527 Commerce Way
Tifton, GA 31794
Department of Corrections
- Lee State Prison
153 Pinewood Drive
Leesburg, GA 31763
- Metro Transitional Center
1303 Constitution Rd. SE
Atlanta, GA 30316
- Georgia Department of Corrections at Milledgeville
2271 Vinson Hwy.
Milledgeville, GA 31061
- GA State Prison Training Facility
154 1st. Avenue S.
Reidsville, GA 30453
- Rome/Floyd Fire Administration & Education Center
409 East 12th. Street NE
Rome, GA 30161
- Completed enrollment application
- Nomination from the head of the employing public safety agency. (If the head of the agency is applying, the person to whom the head of the agency reports to in the chain of command must provide the nomination.)
- Acceptance to Columbus State University